Last updated: June 01, 2023
JCQ Productions (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Cape Town Jazzathon website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Protecting your Personal Information is a constitutional requirement (POPI Act), and good business practice, which we commit to.
In line with the conditions in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 3013 (the Act), we:
- Accept joint responsibility and accountability with you to responsibly manage and protect your Personal Information when providing services to you
- Undertake to receive, only from you, and process the Personal Information that is necessary for the purpose to assist you with your required services, conclude the necessarily related agreements and consider the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned, as required by the Act and to respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information
- Undertake to only use your Personal Information for the purpose required to assist you or provide services to you
- Undertake not to share or further process your Personal Information with anyone if not required for assisting you with your services or by the law
- Undertake to be open and transparent and notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your Personal Information needs to be collected
- Undertake to safeguard and protect your Personal Information in our possession
- Undertake to freely confirm what Personal Information we have, to update and correct the Personal Information, and to keep it for no longer than legally required
In order to provide the services, there is a required need to collect, use, and keep your Personal Information as prescribed by relevant laws and regulations and for reasons such as:
- To share with and provide relevant services to you as requested, and to maintain our relationship
- To respond to your queries
- To confirm that you are an authorised representative
- To conduct credit reference verification, only if you authorise this or if it’s a requirement to provide a service to you
- For operational purposes required to assist you with the solutions you require
- For record-keeping purposes
- In connection with possible requirements by the Information Regulator or other Government agencies allowed by law, legal proceedings, or court rulings
We may need to share your Personal Information and/or utilise software or online platforms to enter and process your information in order to provide the required services. This will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Telephone number
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena.